3DP & AM Webinar, Nov 21
What have you heard over the past couple of years about additive manufacturing and 3D printing? Carlo Quiñonez, Research Engineer at Fathom, joins six seasoned 3D printing users on November 21st to discuss the professional reality behind the hype:
- Discuss the various hidden surprises, limitations on different platforms and materials, design challenges and post-fabrication issues
- Debate the pros and cons of industrial vs. desktop printers
- Discuss different platforms for different applications, practical tips and shortcuts for making the most of your 3D printer investment
- Focus primarily on the printers using plastic resins for prototyping or short runs
- Review benefits touted by many vendors and OEMS — geometric complexity, fast turnaround, mass customization, cost and weight reduction, localized production
Dozens of machines have emerged, along with hundreds of materials options, making it even harder for users, product designers/developers, engineers or service bureaus to decide which platforms will best optimize a project.
[ REGISTER ] Friday, November 21, 2014 from 1:00 – 2:30 PM EST
** The Fathom team is offering a discount code 1410908” for 10% off tuition **
- Ara Boghosian, President, Design Intent Corp
- Jacob D. Fuerst, Ph.D., Staff Consultant, Engineering Systems Inc. (ESI)
- Bruce LeMaster, President, Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation
- Carlo Quinonez, Research Engineer, Fathom
- Guru Ramu, CEO & Founder, Alio Designs
- Jeffrey (JT) Waclawski, Vice President, PCS Engineering Inc.