Oil & Gas Industry
From recreating service parts to rapid prototyping of highly customized new components, Fathom can help to power your growth.
Comprehensive Capabilities for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Do you need:
- Affordable low-volume production of highly customized parts from a one-stop manufacturing partner?
- Fast access to older service parts to keep critical production operations running?
- Fast turnarounds on the development of complex prototype parts?
- Reduced production costs via part consolidation?
Our focus on low-volume, highly customized parts is perfectly aligned with the needs of the oil and gas industries. We’ve helped many customers recreate older service parts for which they no longer have CAD drawings by scanning and reverse engineering them. We can then produce them in the limited quantities needed to keep vital production equipment humming and minimize costly downtime.
Some of our advanced manufacturing technologies don’t require tooling. Parts can move quickly from CAD to finished metal or plastic, ready for use in your equipment. All this happens in a few weeks, not months. Fathom can help you streamline your supply chain!
From downhole drilling equipment and pumps to engine and generator parts, we bring energy, efficiency and ingenuity to the oil and gas industries.
How Can Fathom Help With Your Oil & Gas Industry Needs?
Fathom’s focus on short-run, high-mix production of highly customized parts makes us a perfect fit with your needs. We also offer a comprehensive portfolio of solutions that can help you simplify your component sourcing.
Technologies for Oil & Gas Industries
With over 25 manufacturing methods and 11 locations, we’ll guide you to the solution that makes the most sense for your application, from additive manufacturing and injection molding to CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication. We can help you accelerate your product development cycle and keep your older equipment running like new!
Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
This advanced additive technology can be used to produce complex metal parts quickly. DMLS can produce conformal cooling channels, optimized internal volumes, and many other special features that cannot be successfully manufactured using traditional manufacturing techniques.
Injection molded parts perform many important roles in the oil and gas industries. We offer a wide range of high-performance plastics that are engineered to handle the toughest environments, including corrosive, abrasive and high-temperature settings.
Injection molded and 3D-printed parts are well-suited for downhole components, which can be engineered to handle high-temperature, high-pressure, corrosive environments. Applications include:
- Drill bits with optimized nozzle designs and conformal cooling channels
- Rotors, stators and housings used in steerable drilling components
- Erosion-resistant end caps and stabilizers
- Customized sand control components
- Submersible pump components (part of artificial lift systems)
Metal is widely used for pump blades, housings and a myriad of other highly-engineered parts.
Why Choose Fathom?
- We have the systems, processes and technical expertise to be able to deliver short-run, highly customized parts that meet the demanding requirements of the oil and gas industries.
- We have extensive experience reverse-engineering older service parts and quickly recreating them – keeping your older machinery running and helping you minimize costly downtime.
- We’re focused on new product innovation, rapid prototyping and bridge/short-run production.
- We understand the high-performance environments that your parts must work within as part of a drilling, production or refining solution.
- We can support your needs throughout the product development lifecycle – from early prototypes for design validation to production.
- We offer an unmatched breadth of manufacturing technologies – in-house, not via third parties – to meet all your needs, including additive manufacturing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication and precision CNC machining.
- We’re problem solvers. Bring us your complex geometries, short-run/high-mix parts and “impossible” projects. We’ll help you get the work done!